It’s Nice to be Back!

Hello ECI 834 Classmates!

I really appreciated Alec and Katia hosting a face to face first meeting on Tuesday, Jan 10, 2017!  We didn’t do a face to face intro meeting when I took ECI 831 so I thought this was a positive change/improvement from my first class with Alec in Jan 2014.

For those of you that don’t know me, my name is Kelly Brezinski.  I work with Regina Public Schools as Coordinator of Intensive Supports.  If you are curious to know more about Intensive Supports and what it all entails, please check it out here: rbe.sk.ca/…/2016_2017_intensive_needs_programs_and_services.pdf

I’d like for you to meet my family!  My wife, Gwen, is a teacher with RPS as well.  We have 3 beautiful and strong young ladies: Emma, Natasha and Abby.  Our kids keep us very busy with their after school sporting activities!

I started out my career as a special education teacher and taught in the FIAP, VAP and SLC classrooms for 10 years before I took the current job I am in.

When I enrolled in ECI 831 two years ago I literally had no online skills.  I felt overwhelmed and barely kept up with things like Twitter and Blogging – it was too much for me but I lived to tell the story!  I really enjoyed that class and wanted to take ECI 834 to help build on those skills!

The 3 things that I want to personally focus on this semester is:

1. I want to build on the skills that I obtained in ECI 831 particularly Twitter, Blogging.
  2. I want to learn more about how to incorporate blended learning into our Vocational Alternative Program classrooms.
  3. I want to have fun with this class because I found that I was too stressed when I took ECI 831 – I want to have fun in ECI 834!

I look forward to another great semester of learning!  This semester is busy for me because I am taking class #8 and #9!  Class #10 will be in May/June!  Hooray!!

Thanks for reading my blog!

Kelly

http://www.rbe.sk.ca/sites/default/files/2016_2017_intensive_needs_programs_and_services.pdf