Experience + Time = Openness = Authenticity

I am very thankful for taking ECI 831 and 834 because they have exposed me to a world of dialogue and openness that I would not have otherwise known.  I admit though, these 2 classes have taken me to some uncomfortable places…blogging, tweeting and posting online!  At first I was very uncomfortable with this format but with experience and time, I began to share more and more.  I have to be honest, I’m still not 100% comfortable with posting things online because it is not my personality type.  On the other hand, I really enjoy reading and have learned so much from reading other teachers perspectives.  In my opinion, it’s hard not to want to be a part of this open, sharing community!

My first grad class (ECI804 Curriculum Dev) was a closed sharing environment.  The Prof had us sharing online in small groups.  I remember thinking that this was pretty cool because I had never experienced this before and then I enrolled in ECI831 the next semester and had learned new formats such as Google+, blogging and Twitter.  In ECI831, we were shown how to set up a Tweetdeck and one of the groups I still follow is #Spedchat.  Sharing and learning in this open space has been an amazing experience.  This group of people has made me realize the power of sharing in an open space!  I still follow this group and I’m surprised at the level of sharing, integrity, open and authentic conversations that take place here!

2 Comments on Experience + Time = Openness = Authenticity

1. Kyle
    March 20, 2017 at 7:31 pm (7 years ago)

Thanks for sharing Kelly. I am taking ECI804 in the Fall and I am wondering how that will go. If it is a closed sharing environment, that will definitely take some getting used to after this class.

Reply
    • kellybrezinski
      March 21, 2017 at 7:40 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Kyle,
      You make a good point. After taking this class it would almost seem like we are going backwards! However, i took another grad class where there was literally no sharing of information….that was like stepping back in time to the 1980’s or 90’s! haha! Thanks again for the feedback!

Reply